This is a one-day event with glory on the line, as players grab themselves a fleet and clash in games of X-Wing.
Where is the Event?
The event takes place at the Wayland Games Centre and will be run in the gaming hall. Players to report to the X-wing Tournament Official (TO) upon arrival for registration.
What is the Event?
This event will be an “Escalation Tournament”, please read the below for details of the tournament:
- Escalation tournaments are held in a series of four tournament rounds. The first round is 50 minutes, the second round is 70 minutes, the third round is 90 minutes, and the fourth round is 120 minutes. (Fourth round to be played depending on the amount of players)
- Each player may choose to field a Rebel, Imperial, or Scum & Villainy squad. Each of the squads fielded must be from the same faction, no cross-factions.
- You may not have more than eight small ships of the same ship type (TIE fighter, A-Wing, etc.) in any squad.
- You may not have more than four large ships of the same ship type in any squad.
- The maximum squad points for each player’s first squad is 60 points. A squad cannot exceed 60 points, though it may contain fewer than 60 points. Each player must field at least two ships.
- On subsequent rounds, the maximum squad points for each player’s squad increases to 90 for the second round, 120 for the third round, and 150 for the fourth.
- During each round, each squad must contain all ships and upgrade cards from the previous squad. Ships from the previous round must keep all equipped upgrade cards, and these cards may not be “transferred” to a different ship. However, new upgrade cards may be added to ships from the previous squad.
Schedule for the day
• 10:00 - 10:30 Venue open & registration
• 10:40 - 11:30 Round 1 60pts
• 11:40 – 12:50 Round 2 90pts
• 13:00 – 13:45 Lunch
• 14:00 – 15:30 Round 3 120pts
• 15:45 - 17:45 Round 4 150pts
• 17:45 Awards
What do you need to bring?
Players are responsible for bringing their own:
· X-wing Rules manual
· Manoeuvre templates
· Range ruler
· Three Asteroids and/or Debris tokens
· All required focus/evade/target lock/critical/stress tokens
· A 60pts, 90pts, 120pts and 150pts squad as defined in the above tournament details.
· Due to this being an escalation tournament, players should bring two copies of their squad list for each round of the tournament.
How much is the event and what’s included?
Tickets are £5.
Awards: Players can expect awards for 1st and 2nd. Plus alternative art cards for the top 16 players.
Bar and Lunch Facilities
We have a fully licensed bar, on site, with a wide range of drinks, snacks and food available. Hot food options include
•Cheese stacked Nachos [Vegetarian option]