Free UK Delivery!
This product qualifies for free shipping to anywhere in the UK.
Rewards Earn £ 0.38 in Wayland Rewards.
Honda NSR500 '84 Information
Despite having taken the 1983 500cc Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Riders' Championship (their first since 1967) on the 2-stroke V3 engine NS500, Honda were not satisfied with their motor and felt that more power would be required. Thus, the Japanese motorcycle giant came up with a single-crankshaft V4 design engine which was used in their 1984 entry. It featured a unique aluminum frame to house the engine and a radical layout in which the expansion chambers and the fuel tank were positioned above and below the engine respectively. The bike would go on to compete in road races over the next 19 years, and now appears as a 1/12 scale model in the Tamiya line-up.
- Length: 166mm, Width: 52mm. The model recreates the early-season version of the bike ridden by F. Spencer.
- This detailed scale model closely recreates the form of the bike and allows appreciation of the unique chamber and fuel tank layout.
- The single-crankshaft V4 engine showcases Tamiya's trademark attention to detail.
- Aluminum frame and complex fuel tank are exquisitely recreated.
- Vinyl tubing is used to accurately model fuel pipes, accelerator, clutch cables and so on.
- Cowling, chamber cover and seat parts are attached using fine screws.
- Authentic rear suspension utilizes a metal coil spring.
- Comes with a racing stand to display the model.
- The kit includes decals to depict the bike's markings, in addition to masking seals to aid with painting
Please Note: Models are supplied unpainted and some assembly may be required.
One Model kit supplied.
Copyright © 2021 Wayland Games