Adeptus Titanicus: The Horus Heresy Rulebook - English Information
Adeptus Titanicus is an exciting game, from Games Workshop, based around the combat between Battle Titans - some of the toughest war machines in the Imperium of Man!
The game is set during the Horus Heresy, a time where brother fought brother to decide the fate of Mankind. Playing as Princeps Seniores of a Titan maniple, you will take charge of a variety of war engines using unique Command Terminals. You will become their commander, barking orders to lead your models to a ferocious victory.
Playing Adeptus Titanicus will require you to manage and control the different systems of your Titans, from their void shields and plasma reactors to a variety of deadly weaponry. You will need to keep on your toes - if you push your reactor too hard there will be repercussions...
Adeptus Titanicus has a very simplistic but clever ruleset, including Orders and Stratagems that add extra depth to the simplicity of the game. You will be able to purchase a limited amount of Stratagems before you play, allowing you to make use of battlefield assets and call in orbital strikes. As for the Orders, these can be issued by Titans to increase your models' repair, movement, and additional systems or even fire out of the normal sequence.
Although this ruleset is very easy to learn you are still given three very different ways to play:
- Open play has few restrictions, allowing you to craft your own missions.
- Narrative play is story driven, using scenarios from the greatest battles of the Horus Heresy series.
- Matched play is designed for competitive games, utilising victory points and tactical objectives for balanced play.
This 96-page hardback book contains:
- The Imperium of Mankind: an overview of the galaxy, the Titan Legions, and the Horus Heresy
- Notable Engine Wars: A record of infamous Titan battles from the Age of Darkness
- Basic Rules: The key rules you need to play the game, from rounds and phases to movement, combat and damage, plus the Titanic Clash mission to get you started
- Advanced Rules: Expanded rules for experienced players, including Orders, Stratagems, and how to use squadrons of Titans and support Banners of Imperial Knights
- Optional Rules: Additional ways to play that add complexity for a richer experience, including transferring power, overloading void shields, and stray shots
- Assembling a Battlegroup: How to build your army, including a variety of maniples and personal traits for your Princeps Seniores
- Fighting a Battle: An explanation of Open, Narrative, and Matched Play, advice on choosing missions, setting up the battlefield, and selecting Stratagems
- Missions: Six missions which can be used for Open Play or Narrative Play games, each based on a historic battle
- Matched Play: How to play balanced competitive games, including the Meeting Engagement mission, different types of deployment, and victory conditions
- Legions of the Adeptus Titanicus: Descriptions and rules for Legio Gryphonicus and Legio Tempestus, each with its own Legion Trait, specific wargear, and choice of Princeps Seniores' personal trait
- Adeptus Titanicus Rulebook is supplied in English.
- This product will have limited stock at release but will be restocked at a later date to fulfil all orders.