Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game: Defence of the North - English Information
The Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game is an exciting wargame based upon J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Delve back into the fiery depths of Mount Doom as this strategy game portrays the classic struggle of Good vs Evil with all of your favourite characters from Middle-Earth, allowing you to replay all the epic battles from the books and big-screen. Will the Riders of Rohan and the Army of the Dead arrive in time to aid the White city of Gondor against the Dark Lord of Mordor and his orc hordes? Will Sauron retake the one ring and claim Middle-Earth for his own? Will Gandalf defeat the mighty Balrog? Only you can decide...
The Defence of the North expansion finally drops down on the the world of Middle Earth, allowing players to play games set during the events of the Northern Realm. Packed with rules, profiles of the heroes and villains fighting in the north, army lists, 22 narrative play scenarios that can be linked together for a sprawling campaign and six Legions giving players a unique way to forge the armies of good and evil.
- History of the North: An overview of the background of Middle-earth’s northern lands, including Sauron’s attack on the area during the War of the Ring.
- Scenarios: 18 narrative play Scenarios, including background, board layouts, objectives, rules, and more.
- Defence of the North Campaign: Rules to link the 18 Scenarios together into one extended campaign, or three individual campaigns that can be played on their own.
- Armies: Background details and rules for eight armies that fought in the Rhovanion, namely the Garrison of Dale, Erebor Reclaimed, Lothlorien, Halls of Thranduil, Beornings, Easterlings, Mordor, and Dark Denizens of Mirkwood. Each section features the units and Army Bonus available to that army list, and tactical insight on the strengths and weaknesses of your force. You’ll also find rules for notable units who fought during these wars.
- Legendary Legions: Rules for six Legions, representing the Army of Dale, Defenders of Erebor, the Bearings, Host of the Dragon Emperor, Fell Beings of Mirkwood, and Assault of Lothlorien. Each provides a restricted army composition that grants an additional suite of rules for the Legion to take advantage of.
- Appendix: Provides additional background and four scenarios for reenacting historical battles across Rhovanion, including the Destruction of Dale, Battle for Dale, the Battle of the Five Armies, and the High Pass.
- Showcase: Get inspired with lavish displays of key miniatures from the Citadel and Forge World ranges.
- Printed materials are supplied in English.
- A copy of the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game Rules Manual, Armies of the Lord of the Rings, and Armies of the Hobbit are needed to use this expansion.